How to get more ‘Likes’ on FaceBook
Anatomy Of A Perfect Landing Page
Social Media: How & What We Consume [Infographic]
“Using the stats provided, I wanted viewers to be excited by large amounts of data. I tried creating more dynamic visuals and illustrations to ‘show’ the reader and make them read less. I also wanted readers to have an experience while reading this graphic. I chose the long and thin web infographic format for that reason. The reader gets to focus on small bits of data at a time and digest it before moving on.”
Taken from: Nielsen.com
Still Think Social Media is a Fad?
Social Media cocktails! Adorable!
Tumblr cocktails at NYC Mandarin Oriental!
Still Think Digital Advertising Is A Fad?
Every 60 Seconds in Social Media
Stats from Social Media Revolution 3
- Over 50% of the world’s population is under 30-years-old
- In 10 years over 40% of the Fortune 500 will no longer be here
- Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the Web
- Facebook tops Google for weekly traffic in the U.S.
- 1 in 5 couples meet online; 3 in 5 gay couples meet online
- 1 in 5 divorces are blamed on Facebook
- What happens in Vegas stays on YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook…
- 2009 US Department of Education study revealed that on average, online students out performed those receiving face-to-face instruction
- If Facebook were a country it would be the world’s 3rd largest and 2x the size of the U.S. population
- 80% of companies use social media for recruitment; % of these using LinkedIn 95%
- A new member joins LinkedIn every second
- We don’t have a choice on whether we DO social media, the question is how well we DO it.”
- Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and Britney Spears have more Twitter followers than the entire populations of North Korea, Australia, Chile…Israel, Sweden, Greece,
- Over 32 million have watched the Volkswagen Darth Vader Kid advertisement on YouTube
- Child actor has never seen Star Wars
- Ford Explorer launch on Facebook more effective than a Super Bowl Ad
- 50% of the mobile Internet traffic in the UK is for Facebook…people update anywhere, anytime…imagine what that means for bad customer experiences?
- Generation Y and Z consider e-mail passé – some universities have stopped distributing e-mail accounts
- 69% of parents are “friends” with their children on social media
- eReaders have surpassed traditional book sales
- Groupon will reach $1 billion in sales faster than any company in history
- There were over 75 million more people playing Farmville than there were real Farmers
- Social Gamers to buy 6 billion in virtual goods by 2013; movie goers only buy 2.5 million in concessions
- The #2 largest search engine in the world is YouTube
- While you watch this 100+ hours of video will be uploaded to YouTube
- If Wikipedia were made into a book it would be 2.25 million pages long
- Because of the speed in which social media enables communication, word of mouth now becomes world of mouth
- 25% of search results for the World’s Top 20 largest brands are links to user-generated content
- 34% of bloggers post opinions about products & brands
- Do you like what they are saying about your brand? You better.
- 90% of consumers trust peer recommendations
- Only 14% trust advertisements
- Only 18% of traditional TV campaigns generate a positive ROI
- 90% of people that can TiVo ads do
- 93% of marketers use social media for business
- We will non longer search for products and services, they will find us via social media
- Social Media isn’t a fad, it’s a fundamental shift in the way we communicate
- The ROI of social media is that your business will still exist in 5 years
- Babies have been named Facebook in Egypt
A look at how small businesses are using social media